Over the past years, MYNIC has been working continuously to build the best experience for customers.
MYNIC is the official .MY domain registry for all .MY domain names.
They provide Malaysian organizations and individuals with their unique brand identities on the Internet.
As part of their service, they maintain MYNIC WHOIS query to help customers search all .MY domain names for information on domain registration and availability.
In accordance with Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) and the increasing demand for privacy online, MYNIC has announce that MYNIC WHOIS service will remove the display of name, address, and email address of all 4 contact types (Registrant, Administrative Contact, Technical Contact and Billing Contact) associated with a .MY domain name.
These significant steps in-line with global efforts to protect personal data and privacy challenges.
Hence, with effect from 8th November 2022, MYNIC has further restrict the amount of contact information displayed in MYNIC WHOIS.
The following information appears when you perform a WHOIS Check:
- Domain Name – your domain name
- Domain Registration Date – the date your domain successfully registered with MYNIC
- Domain Expiry Date – the date your domain expiring
- Domain Last Updated – the date when last updated your domain information
- DNSSEC – can be manage via SELFCARE Portal
- Reseller Name – the invoicing party of your domain name
- Reseller Phone Number – your domain invoicing party's phone number
- Nameservers – a pair of host names that your domain name pointing to
MYNIC provides a Domain Contact Request Form if you need to contact the Registrant or domain contacts for legitimate reasons, such as:
- The domain name is being used in malware or for spam or abuse.
- The domain name or content infringes on a trademark or violates local laws or regulations.
- Interest in purchasing the domain name.
Note: MYNIC does not guarantee that the Registrant or domain contacts will comply with your Contact Request.
Contact Terms in a .MY Domain name
- Registrant Contact – Personnel/Organization who own the domain name
- Administrative Contact – Personnel who handling all contact modification on the domain name, as well as the name server update
- Billing Contact – Personnel who receive all billing notifications from MYNIC
- Technical Contact – Personnel who able to modify the domain name server
- Primary name server – The main name server of a domain name
- Secondary name server(s) – A server that acts as an alternative to the primary name server, and contains the same information
NOTE: You do agree with MYNIC Policy & Procedure HERE.