Now that you have sent your email marketing campaign, you may take a look at campaign reports.
To get started, go to the "Statistics" tab.
These key performance metrics will appear:
- Total Sent: the number of sent campaigns over the selected period
- Total Recipients: the total number of contacts that received your campaigns
- Total Opened: the total number of recipients that, at least once, opened your message
- Total Clicked: the total number of recipients that, at least once, clicked on a link within your message
- Total Unsubscribed: the total number of contacts who unsubscribed after receiving this message. You still can see these contacts in your lists, but they are blocklisted (indicated by a red highlight) and won't receive your emails anymore.
- Total Hard Bounces: the total number of messages that could not be delivered due to a permanent issue (e.g. the domain name doesn’t exist, or the syntax of the email address is incorrect)
The rates indicated below are:
- Open rate = [Total number of openings]/[number of sent emails]
- Click rate = [Total number of clicks]/[number of sent emails]
1. Results overview
This section includes comprehensive results relating to opens and clicks. You can distinguish between recipients who open your email once ("openers") from those who open more than once ("multiple openers").
When a person opens your email twice, the report counts 1 opener and 2 opens.
If this person clicks your email link(s) twice, the report counts 1 unique click and 2 total clicks.
Complaints indicate people who have marked your message as "Spam". The complaint rate is a key indicator for the your sending reputation and for your deliverability.
2. Sending Status
The delivered emails refer to the email addresses that actually received your campaign, either in inbox or in the spam folder. The bounces are error messages sent back to our the servers, and refer to the contacts who didn’t receive your email. We differentiate between the two types of bounces:
- Soft bounces - Caused by a temporary problem and your future campaigns will be sent to these recipients. (ex: the recipient’s server is unavailable or his inbox is full)
- Hard bounces - This is a permanent problem. These recipients will be automatically blocklisted and will no longer be sent your messages. (ex: non-existent address or blocked email address)
The campaign delivery process may take up to 36 hours, in some instances. For example, if an email does not reach the receiving server, we retry to sent the email for up to 36 hours. During this time, you could see emails marked as Processing. After 36 hours, email statuses are updated to "Delivered" or "Bounced".