- On your Android device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, tap the Security tab.
If at first you don’t get the Security tab, swipe through all tabs until you find it.
- Under "Signing in to Google," tap 2-Step Verification. You may need to sign in.
- Under "Authenticator app," tap Set up.
On some devices, under “Authenticator app,” tap Get Started.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
2) Duo Mobile
(Android / iPhone & iPad)
Set up Duo Mobile
1.Install Duo Mobile for iPhone/iOS or Android.
2. Follow the instructions to turn on two-factor authentication (sometimes called two-step verification) for your account using an authenticator app. Ignore any mentions of Google Authenticator or other mobile applications — you'll be using Duo Mobile instead.
3. When configuring the authenticator app in your application you'll usually be shown a QR code to scan. Open Duo Mobile and tap Add in the upper right of your accounts list to go to the account type selector.
4. If the new account you want to add shows you a QR code to scan with an authenticator app, tap Use QR code from Duo Mobile's Add account list. Scan the QR code with your camera to add the account.
5. Use Duo Mobile to scan the application's QR code shown on your screen.
6. Give the new account a name in Duo Mobile and tap Save to return to the accounts list.
7. Finally, tap the indicator next to the account name in Duo Mobile to generate a passcode which expires in 30 seconds. Type the passcode (without a space) into the application's verification prompt on your computer to verify that the passcode generator is working properly. Then click "Next" or "Finish" or whatever link completes authenticator app registration