Instructions to begin using Microsoft Windows operating system server
This is a start-up guide to begin using a Microsoft Windows based operating system server.
- Step 1: Access the server remotely
- We will guide you how to remotely access a Windows operating system from a Windows computer and Mac OS x.
- Step 2: Change server administrator password
- You will receive the server administrator login from us. Do follow this guide to reset the default login credential.
- Step 3: Access Server thorugh DUO 2FA*
- It is a multi-factor authentication added on top of the remote access for SECURITY reason.
- Step 4: Run Windows Server Update
- Running Windows Server update is IMPORTANT to secure your server from vulnerabilty.
- Please run Windows Server update periodically or turn on auto update to help you automate the update process.
* Refer this link for more info about DUO 2FA.