g. Logon information- enter email account user name and password.
Click More Settings.
Under Internet Email Settings, click on Advanced tab.
The Non SSL settings are as below.
SSL settings are as below:
As for Outgoing Server, check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
Click OK and Next.
Outlook will test email settings.
In the event the testing fails, retrace steps and ensure server and account details have been entered correctly.
Once test is completed, click Close and Finish.
4. Restore mailbox
To restore mailbox, choose File>Open&Export>Import/Export.
Select Import from another program or file>Next.
Under Import a File, select Outlook Data File (.pst)>Next.
Click on Browse to retrieve Outlook backup file. You may select one of the Options to configure how Outlook treats duplicate items. Click Next.
You will be asked to authorize with password for the import if you have set one during the backup. Enter the password and click OK. Select the folder you would like to import the backup data to by selecting the folder via the drop down menu. Click Finish.
How to Enable SMTP Authentication for Microsoft Outlook 2016
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
3. Select the email account from the list and click Change.
4. On the Change E-mail Settings window, click More Settings.
5. Click the Outgoing Server tab and check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
6. Click the Advanced tab and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port.
7. If you want to use SSL, then change the port to 465 and select SSL from the encryption drop-down menu.
8. If you don’t want to use SSL, then change the port to 25 or 587.
How to subscribe to specific IMAP folders in Outlook 2016
If you are using IMAP to connect to your mailbox then you might not see folders that are visible in webmail when you are using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. This article shows you how to do subscribe to an IMAP folder in Outlook 2016. It is a similar process in Outlook 2010, 2013 too.
1. Once your account is set up in Outlook go to your email account in the left pane and right-click on the email account name/top level IMAP folder.
2. Click 'IMAP Folders...'
3. Click 'Query'.
4. Select the folder you are missing or want to add and then click the 'Subscribe' button. If you want to add multiple folders then press and hold the 'ctrl' key as you click on each folder. When you are done click the 'OK' button.
5. You should see your folders under your email account. If you don't then right-click on the email account name/top level IMAP folder and select 'Update Folder List...' from the menu
Server settings in Outlook 2016
Open Windows Control Panel
On your desktop taskbar, search for "Control Panel". Click on "Control Panel".
Select Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
Sort the "View by" tab by "Large icons" and select "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
Select "Email Accounts".
Select an email account and tap "Change".
Check Mail Setup - Outlook.
Check Mail Setup - Outlook settings are input correctly:
- Account Type: IMAP / POP (Recommended: IMAP)
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.example.com (IMAP) / mail.example.com (POP)