a) Outlook for Android
- Install the Outlook for Android app from the Google Play Store and then open it.
- Tap Get Started if this is your first time.
- Otherwise, to add another email account, open the Menu > Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account. Then skip to step 4 under Set up another email account below.
- Outlook may detect your Google accounts. To add them to Outlook for Android, tap Google Connect Account and then tap OK to confirm. Tap Allow to give Outlook access to your Contacts.
- If you don't want to add these accounts, tap Skip and then go to step 4 under Set up another email account below..
- Select the accounts you'd like to add and tap Add Account. You may be asked to sign in.
- Tap Allow to confirm offline access and any other prompts.
To add another email account, tap Continue and go to Step 4, otherwise tap Skip.
Set up another email account
- Enter your full email address, then tap Continue.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign In or Next.
- If multi-factor authentication is enabled, verify your identity.
b) Office on Android
There are two ways to get Office on your Android phone or tablet:
Set up Office apps for the first time:
- Open an Office app like Excel.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account, or Microsoft 365 work or school account.
- If you sign in with a Microsoft account that’s associated with Office 2016 or Office 2019, you may get the option to upgrade to Microsoft 365.
- Follow the instructions to purchase a plan, or select Maybe later if you want to use the apps without a subscription.
- Choose the cloud service you want to add, such as OneDrive for business or Dropbox.
- Enter the email address and password that you use to sign in to that service.
c) Android built-in email apps
Type "Gmail" into the search bar and then select Update.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner > Settings > Add account > Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Enter your full email address and tap Next.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
Follow steps for your account type:
- On the Incoming server settings screen, change your server to outlook.office365.com
Follow any prompts you may get for security or device permissions, sync settings, and more.
- If you have a Microsoft 365 work or school account, you may also be asked to confirm Remote security administration and approve additional security measures. In this case, choose OK or Activate.
- Go to the inbox you just set up. If you see an email that says "Action Required to Sync Email," open it and tap Use another Mail app instead.
- Pull down the Android notification bar by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- If you see a notification that reads "Unable to sync calendar and contacts," tap it. Then tap Allow to give access and you're done!
Samsung Email App
- Open the Samsung Email app and tap Add Account if it's your first time.
- Or, go to Settings in the app > Add account.
- Enter your email address and password. Tap Sign in.
- If you're prompted to select account type, choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to sync contacts and calendars.
- Tap Yes or Ok to confirm settings and permissions. What you see may vary depending on what kind of account you're setting up.
- If you've turned on two-step verification, you'll verify your identity with your chosen method.
- Syncing email, calendar, contacts, and tasks may take a few minutes.
- If you see an email that says "Action Required to Sync," open it and tap Use another Mail app instead. If you don't see this message, skip this step.